Autumnal Canterbury

So on Thursday I took a walk around my local 'City' Canterbury, this place is full of gorgeous old buildings, I fancied photographing it. I wondered in what seemed like an aimless fashion around the town, looking for photo opportunities. Sometimes I like to almost detach myself from a place I know well, so that I almost become a tourist, finding treasures dotted around that normally I may not pay attention too. 


These shots happen to be a couple of my favourites, what I love about these is how tranquil the river looks. Yet, just around the river bend is the high street, with the tourists and students going about their lives. I have this love/fascination with old bricks (I know I sound like some freak) but honestly isn't that partially what makes these old buildings so special. 




I love finding little cottages / streets full of terraced cottages, something about them this time of year in the drizzle looks so pretty. Thursday epitomised an Autumnal day, every five minutes you'd feel a spot of rain and try and seek some kind of shelter ready for the onslaught of rain that was to follow, only to realise it wasn't actually going to rain. I love that about this time of year, the un known, the change in the temperature, the way the leaves so subtly change, in fact all those subtle changes all around that make you feel all warm and cosy. In the Autumn I want to soak in all the changes, I want to soak in life...





3 comments

  1. Lovely Hannah. Canterbury really is a pretty place. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Hannah. Canterbury really is a pretty place. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

recent posts

Pages